Saturday, January 10, 2009

F ( STOP ) Project Launch ...


I've decided to launch a photo project.

The inspiration for this new venture was born of several individuals. Among them are Pat Glennon and JT. You may have seen others doing same.

Their ambitious projects detail a photo a day posted on their blogs. I have many compunctions about doing such, mainly that I won't be able to commit to something so grand and demanding as a daily feature. I believe from the onset I would fail miserably.

What I will do is post an original photo as frequently as I am able.

Please enjoy my efforts. Comments welcomed and encouraged.

............... Ruprecht ( STOP )




8 comments:

TopSurf said...

I think it's an excellent idea and can't wait to see your photos!

pritcharddesign said...

Looking forward to them, Rupe!

Marissa said...

I love this! Especially with your Rupian commentaries? *fingers crossed*
I take stinky pictures. So, i appreciate others' even more.

Anonymous said...

This is great! Good luck. I can't wait to see what's to come!
*runs off to add site to her Google Reader*

Devyl Gyrl said...

Me too me too!!

Anonymous said...

More frolickry ... I'm in.

PG said...

best of luck. no pressure. remember that - no pressure. you don't have to create high art each day, just shoot post and move on.

JT said...

Hey, this is like Father Time and Baby New Year... just as my Project is winding down, yours is starting. How exciting!

Not sure how PG fits in to that equation though.

If you succeed in sticking to it, I think the results will start to impress you in no time - you get a permament scrapbook of places you saw and things you did as YOU did them and YOU saw them. What a fabulous idea, eh!

Besides capturing many family moments I might not have bothered to shoot (hey, the kids aren't babies anymore afterall) and many silly and spontaneous sights, the project has also given me reason to wander outside my comfort zone and seek out and find some pretty cool new-to-me nearby locations. And a couple seedy ones too.

One advice: Ask friends and family for photo ideas. Some of my favorite shots were of local errrr... "landmarks" I didn't even know existed.

Anyway, look forward to watching your project - Good luck!