Thursday, February 12, 2009

#33: Dirty, Horny Truck







I snapped these photos quickly on the way to work yesterday morning.

Once downloaded and as I scrutinized them more thoroughly, I noticed more and more interesting things within them. Things I hadn't noticed when I originally took the pictures. So, instead of just one, I felt the need to post'em all.

Of couse, the bull horns on the hood are a hoot. That goes without saying. It was the first thing - along with the mud - that got me to stop and preserve this truck in digital glory. It's not everyday you see a truck with bull horns on it.

At least not in California, anyway.

But, on further scrutiny:

The back window is immaculately clean considering the overall demeanor of the truck is either a fine sheen of silt or varying degrees of chunks and cakey muddiness.

I took it on trust that at least one of the photos I snapped would reveal readability where the bumper stickers were concerned. They're just legible on that back window, but barely. I'll give a bit of assistance; the left one (and it's upside down) states: "If you can read this roll me over". The right claims: "Hell was full so I came back". Charming, to the last.

But, the most interesting thing I saw about the photos was the license plates on the front and back of the truck. Matter'n fact, I had to do a double take to make certain I wasn't missing anything. Looks like someone was a tad off kilter at the Folsom Prison Government License Plate Consortium the day these babies were cranked out. Can you see of what I speak? (Click on the individual photos and they will magically enlarge for your further perusal.)

First to comment wins a prize and recognition within this posting. Good luck.


....................... Ruprecht ( STOP )


A lightning-fast congratulations to MR for her keen see-past-the-mud sight and no nonsense answer.

She's right: There's an "N" on the front license plate, an "M" on the back. Go figger.

I hunted down the owner of the truck - a misplaced hunka-hunka burnin' love, ready and waiting for a Valentine's Saturday night. Your prize awaits.

My compliments .....


3 comments:

TopSurf said...

Well Rupe this is all kinds of greatness you bring us today. This truck looks like it belongs on my side of the country. I could have snapped this picture at least 20 times a day everyday. NOT JOKING. This brought a BIG smile to my face this morning. Thanks for making my day!

Marissa said...

N on the front. M on the back

I saw plenty of these in GA in full glory with a Dixie flag

Anonymous said...

Are you sure you weren't visiting Loozyana? My cousin has a truck very much like that one in ALL respects.